Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Importing FBX Textures from Blender 2.8+

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by aer0ace, Feb 5, 2021.

1. aer0ace

aer0ace

I've recently upgraded from Blender 2.77 to Blender 2.91, and I'm getting used to the new shader editor. I'm going to simplify the description of my situation. In my Blender scene, I have 2 objects. Each one has a different material, which has a different texture. To see the material in the viewport, I assigned an Emission shader to each material, and hooked up the texture accordingly in the shader editor.

On import of the generated FBX in Unity, the materials names are listed in that "remap" section, but no materials are assigned. In previous Unity versions, I believe at least the Default Material with Standard shader was assigned, which is what I was expecting.

Is this normal? How can I get the materials from Blender to just have the Default Material assigned in Unity with the corresponding textures in the Albedo slot? Or is this not a thing any more?

I'm okay if the answer is "it's not a thing any more", as I have asset postprocessors running that can just do these assignments, but I would like to know if the Default Material assignment is no longer an automatic operation on Unity import. Thanks.