Search Unity

Bug Importing bundles into StreamingAssets/aa takes too long [Unity 2020.1] [Addressables 1.10.0]

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by stefankohl, Jun 9, 2020.

1. stefankohl

stefankohl

Hello,

I think this issue first occurred in Addressables 1.8.4, but I'm not sure if maybe using Unity 2020.1 beta with Unity Accelerator might be the reason for this as well.

When creating a player build, the Addressable bundles are copied into the StreamingAssets folder. Having hundreds of bundles, this keeps Unity busy for a very long time, since each single file takes a few seconds to import just for the sake of being deleted anyway afterwards. I'm using Unity Accelerator which means that the bundles are spamming our cache server with lots of garbage as well.

Please consider adding a way to bypass the import process while populating the StreamingAssets folder.

EDIT:
    I was able to speed up the process significantly by disabling the cache server for Asset pipeline 2 before the build. This is quite annoying though, I think it should be bypassed by the system during the build automatically.

EDIT 2:
    I have to take back my previous comment: Another build with cache server disabled and it again takes about half an hour to import all bundles during build.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  2. Thermos

Thermos

Agreed, why addressable not just copy bundles directly to target destination?

3. stefankohl

stefankohl

There seriously has to be done something about this:

upload_2020-6-9_13-16-4.png

4. stefankohl

stefankohl

Okay, found out that it is not related to the cache server, but to the Perforce VCS integration. No delays when the "Work Offline" option is active.

jimi-stine likes this.