Search Unity

Importing bones into unity (from max 2011)

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by votekick, Apr 17, 2011.

1. votekick

votekick

Before i start this is in external as I believe my fix is inside 3ds max not unity.

What I have is a Simple CAT Rig which i just gave blocks to each limb so that its visible in Unity. So bones don't seem to be visible once imported hence the blocks. But I'm trying to do some animations, which requires an animation link.

As shown here:
    http://votekick.com.au/Folio/Animation (other)/sword_Animation.avi
    • Sword on characters back (Linked to ribcage)
    • Then sword in characters hand (Linked to right hand)
    So I need to use the animation link, but need something to link to that doesn't deform like the mesh.

Sadly this doesn't work as once imported into unity the bones are completely gone, you can't link to them... So the sword doesn't move with the torso. The blocks are just attached with a skin modifier for each piece of the CAT Rig.

2. VorrAkkagi

VorrAkkagi

Are you able to create a small cube, make it invisible and attach that to the character, move it to the hand area, then attach the sword to that cube? I've heard of this being done as an option.

3. LordMoggy

LordMoggy

Pass max is ugly! and two why venture to the darkside? Plus the software is bug ridden with mothballs.....damn needs directx 9 to run it, hey we are now at version 11 for direct x.