Search Unity

Importing Blender animation - move away pivot.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by _Valerio_, Dec 7, 2018.

1. _Valerio_

_Valerio_

I have some animations made in blender. Some of them imported fine, but some of them move away pivot(or skeleton). Imagine - when you run rotate animation, your model doesn't rotate itself, but rotates around pivot.
    I import animations from blender file. All animations are in one file, use same mesh and rig.
    I use mecanim, humanoid rig. Rig is fine, and in T-pose.

See screenshots:
    Animation that imported wrong:
    in blender
    Capture.PNG

In unity. As you can see pivot(center) and ground is somewhere in another universe. Changing position properties for animation doesn't help.
    Capture1.PNG

Correct imported animation:
    in blender
    Capture3.PNG
    In unity, so the pivot is at the center of the model, and model placed on the ground.
    Capture5.PNG
    I have already lost two days, trying to find the reason, but i even don't know where problem is - in unity or in blender.

interest info - when you save blender file - Blender(or unity, hmmm) creates "Default Take" animation, that is same as opened action(animation) in blender, and when that animation is "Default take" - it works fine. Capture4.PNG

But it is not a solution cause i have many wrong imported animations.

So, if you have the same issue, or have any ideas - please help me, cause i am getting crazy.

PS: I know my English is awesome, so if you didn't understand my explanation please ask me)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018