Search Unity

Importing a unitypackage will delete my whole project?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Rafarel, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Rafarel

Rafarel

Hello there, I tried to import the Steamworks.NET unity package and I had the following result in Unity... All my project files marked with a "delete" icon, is it normal ? It is the first time I see this "delete" icon.

I'm using Unity 2019.3.0b11

The package is available here : https://github.com/rlabrecque/Steam...oad/13.0.0/Steamworks.NET_13.0.0.unitypackage

Not that I had a previous version unpacked in project but I removed it before trying to import the new one.

import-package-delete.png

2. Rallix

Rallix

Yes, when I try, it also wants to 'DELETE' my entire project. I've seen it before with some Asset Store packages but it never marked the entire project like this.

It seems harmless and is probably a bug (you ought to file a report). It doesn't actually delete anything when I try in a new project; and the Asset Store packages I imported when I saw the label before didn't delete anything either.

Rafarel likes this.
  3. Rafarel

Rafarel

Thanks Rallix ! I also extracted the package in an empty project the manually copy paste the file in my main project for safety :) I'll fill a bug report, thanks !