Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Importing a package causes windows to open all my programs :/

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Tethys, May 28, 2013.

1. ShawnFrueh

ShawnFrueh

Just ran into this issue today on a large build (11GB). (2017.4.6f1) All of the processes in the task manager became windows and anything in my main screen became unselectable until I could kill explorer.exe. The issue happens right after the build is opening the folder location.

It happened 3 times in a row, all after a fresh PC restart with no other applications open. I did a small build in the same scene (Only a few scenes checked in the build setting) and it built just fine. After that I enabled all scenes again and did a full build and the issue has gone away. fingers crossed it stays like that. I forgot to screen grab the error codes that were in the editor. Something about windows.

My guess is that Unity had a hiccup and instead of pulling the windows explorer forward it just pulled all processes forward.

2. nswayze

nswayze

3. MiFrilke

MiFrilke

We have had this issue for a few weeks now on one specific machine that often imports large 3D models and animation files. During said imports (but only in like 1 in 20 cases), suddenly all kind of background apps become visible and several applications get new window instances etc.

I tried looking for an active bugticket about this, but only found https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-in-the-taskbar-when-importing-large-packages which is closed as "Not reproducible" (and also pretty old).
    It probably is going to be a hard problem to solve for Unity since it only seems to occur under some very specific, hard to find, circumstances. I'm not even sure creating a new bugticket would help at all, it would just get closed again as "Not reproducible"...

4. derkoi

derkoi

I'm getting this happen each time I switch platform between Android & iOS. On 2018.2.14

5. needforbleed

needforbleed

This happens for me in Unity 2019.1.1f1 in a newly collabed project. Whenever I hit run, Unity is stuck for minutes and then opens every app on my PC.
    After that I can start playmode over and over again without issues,

6. letchuck

letchuck

Happening randomly when opening my project. Unity 2018.3.7f1. It opens a bunch of random programs:

Not 100% repro, as most times it opens and launches the project just fine. But sometimes it will just open as many programs as possible, for no reason.

7. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

I have this issue sometimes when I set a breakpoint in Visual Studio and the breakpoint is hit. Under very specific circumstances, which don't reproduce reliably, Windows 10 open all running processes as windows (even those without a GUI).