Search Unity

Imported Mesh not in the right Rotation/Alignment

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Hawkadium, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Hawkadium

Hawkadium

Hello,
    I have been making mesh for a few days now and I noticed that when they are imported, they are on their side (90 degrees). When I click and drag them into my scene, they take their proper rotation and no big deal. However, whenever I try to use a Prefab Brush or any of the foliage/tree painting tools that come with Unity, my meshes revert back to their sideways state and go super super tiny. For the longest time I just thought the tool wasn't working until I saw tiny little specs, on my grass, which happened to be a small forest lol.

I am using Blender. I have applied Rotation/Scale/Location before exporting. I even tried this fix I found online, saying I needed to rotate the model on the X axis by 90, then go into Object mode and rotate it on the X again by -90. Nothing seems to work.

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about. The trees on the ground are only that size because I had to manually change the scale afterwards. But if you look at the trees standing up, same model, they import scaled just fine.

2. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Unity is Y-up working space. If I remember correctly Blender allow users to setup either Y-up (Maya) or Z-up (3dsMax) references. If you are in Y-up space, just reset XForm. If you are in Z-up space, I'm not sure in Blender but 3dsMax allows users to affect pivot only to rotate the object pivot X-axis into 90 degrees after resetting XForm. Hmm... Maybe you can use this Blender plugin which does similar job as "Affect Pivot Only" in 3dsMax.

theANMATOR2b and Hawkadium like this.
unityunity