Search Unity

Imported FBX model animations not working

Discussion in 'Animation' started by WilburCobb1, May 24, 2022.

1. WilburCobb1

WilburCobb1

I am inexperienced with Unity, but I am trying to make mods for another game. The mod is pretty simple, it's just importing a NPC model from another game. I have the model setup in Blender, with fully working animations that play in Blender. The game I am modding supports legacy animations, and I exported my model as an FBX with animations already included.

Unity doesn’t seem to be able to view them correctly though, when I change my model asset’s Rig > Animation Type to Legacy the model is invisible in the Animation tab preview window. If I change it to Rig > Animation Type to Generic the model shows, but it stays in default position no matter what animation I selected to play.

The console throws out this error:

UnityEditor.ObjectPreview was not disposed properly. Make sure that base.Cleanup is called if overriding the Cleanup method. If you are implementing this in an Editor or EditorWindow, don't forget to call ObjectPreview.Cleanup in OnDisable.
    UnityEditor.ObjectPreview:Finalize ()

I think this is the root of what's causing my mod not to load properly in game. Does anyone know how to get this working in Unity? Is this an issue with the model itself?

Screenshot:
    help.png

2. WilburCobb1

WilburCobb1

I got it working finally, for some reason the animation wouldn't work right if I exported the model in Blender with a linked action in the Dope Sheet > Action Editor. The animation would sit outside the NLA track in the hierarchy, I had to press the Push Down button to deselect it, and erase the new NLA track. Its the only way I knew to do it, but that fixed it and unfortunately its completely above as to why.

dsessumes712 and MarcOwaR like this.