Search Unity

Imported FBX animation not played back in game mode correctly

Discussion in 'Animation' started by domnab2013, Nov 15, 2013.

1. domnab2013

domnab2013

Hi,

I've just started using Unity and Mecanime for a project and I noticed that my imported FBX animations are not played back properly when in game mode.

I'm attaching a screenshot $PlayFBX.jpg . For example, although in preview mode you can see that the woman's hand is well positioned on her waist as it should be, when I run the project the hand has a small offset. This happens throughout the whole animation, and in cases I have my avatar's arms passing through the body etc. It's not noticeable as the movements are fast, but it could be disturbing. Any comments on what could be wrong and how I could fix it?

Best,
    Dom

2. Craptree

Craptree

Is it a looping animation and are you using loop pose? If so make sure the start and end frame are identical because loop pose will try and correct any errors throughout the whole animation clip. Also try turning off animation compression if you have any on and see if it fixes your problem. If it does, you might have to tweak the reduction values.

3. domnab2013

domnab2013

Hi, thanks for your prompt answer. No I don't have a looping animation and I don't use loop pose. There was animation compression to keyframe reduction, but I disabled it completely and it is still the same. With compression on, I tweak the values, and although with some extreme values I see some changes (which are not ideal though), it meshes up the rest of my animation.

4. domnab2013

domnab2013

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    theANMATOR2b likes this.