Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Important Question about unity collab!

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Zoinks13, May 5, 2021.

1. Zoinks13

Zoinks13

I want to collaborate with my friend and I've done everything needed. Everything is activated and he can see my changes, though its very limited. I can only upload scripts, materials and other things in that category. My problem is if I create a cube, I cant publish it. In fact, I cant publish ANYTHING in the hierarchy. All my friend see's is my new scripts and such, not the visuals. We could be looking at two completely different projects, yet they're the same. Am I missing something? Is there a way I can publish changes from the hierarchy?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Zoinks13, are you making sure to save the changes in your scene, where you're making your cube, before you publish that scene? That can explain why your teammate is not seeing the same hierarchy as you.

3. Zoinks13

Zoinks13

...I just tried that. I add a cube and save, and it shows up in the collab that something was changed in the scene and I can upload. I thank you very much!! I'm very happy there's more to forums on unity than bots. I hope everything will soon work out, and I'll be coming back to you for questions if you don't mind!

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. Zoinks13

Zoinks13

Hi again. I've been trying and trying to make a project so I can try out what you said, but I've encountered yet another problem. I create a project and turn on collaborate, but my friend says that he cant see it. He let me know that he can see it on unity.com in the organization, but not on unity hub. Do you know why this is happening?