Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Changes for iOS ‘Kids’ Apps - Action Needed By Developers

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by ScottF, Mar 2, 2020.

1. ScottF

ScottF

Vice President, Platforms

Apple has implemented additional privacy policies for apps targeting children. These policies have started to take effect starting January 21, 2020 for all new app submissions, and will be enforced starting March 3, 2020 for any updates to existing apps within the kids category.

Any new app updates or new apps being submitted to the store will need to abide by these new policies. Currently, Unity exposes an API for developer use which allows access to IDFA. Unity does not use IDFAs from this API but it is exposed along with other APIs as a utility for developers. With Apple’s recent changes, this API must be removed entirely (even if it is not called) for compliance. We are rolling out a patch to all supported Unity versions to address this issue. In the meantime you can easily modify the generated source file DeviceSettings.mm to become compliant. After modifying this file you will need to rebuild your project within XCode.

To make the manual fix, please follow the instructions below:

1. Open the file DeviceSettings.mm within your Xcode project.

2. Find and remove the line
      #include <AdSupport/ASIdentifierManager.h>
    3. Find and completely remove the function “QueryASIdentifierManager”

4. Find the function “UnityAdvertisingIdentifier” and replace it with:

extern "C" const char* UnityAdvertisingIdentifier()
    {

return NULL;

}

5. Find the function “UnityAdvertisingTrackingEnabled” and replace it with:
    extern "C" int UnityAdvertisingTrackingEnabled()
    {

return 0;

}

Unity will inform you here, on this forum post, when these changes have landed into the currently supported versions, at which point you will need to update your version of Unity for it to take effect. If you continue to use an older version of Unity you will need to manually re-apply the edits above each time you generate an XCode project.

----------------------------------Updated: Landed Versions -----------------------------------
    The above issue has been resolved and is no longer relevant in:

2019.3.4 and later
    2018.4.19 and later

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  2. hsallander

hsallander

Hi @ScottF , thanks for this info. Can you share an estimate of when we can expect this fix might be available? We've built our publishing pipeline around building in Unity Cloud Build which we're not able to use right now since we have to manually patch the Xcode project files, so we're eager to be able to use a patched version to get back to our UCB pipeline. We're specifically waiting for the fix in the 2019.2 track (we're not able to update to 2019.3 or later since a large chunk of our users are still on iOS 9 (iPad 2's etc) which I assume is quite common around developers of kids apps, eg the developers who are needing this patch the most).

Thanks!

3. sdalex

sdalex

We have tried the manual fix, but our app is still rejected.

Guideline 1.3 - Safety - Kids Category

We noticed that your Kids Category app includes analytics, advertising and collects, transmits, or has the ability to share personal information or device information with third parties.

Your app includes the following feature(s), contrary to guideline 1.3 of the App Store Review Guidelines:

Third-party analytics or third-party advertising with the ability to collect, transmit or share identifiable information.

Specifically, we found your app was made with the Unity SDK. This particular SDK contained the following selectors that pertain to advertisements:

isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled
    advertisingIdentifier

It would be appropriate to work with Unity, in removing these selectors located in the UnityEngine.Analytics and/or UnityEngine.Advertisments components within your app before resubmitting.

4. keith_p1

keith_p1

I'm having a similar issue to sdalex. Even after making all of the changes we get the same rejection.
    I did notice a reference to advertisingIdentifier in iOSClient.m.

5. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

>>I did notice a reference to advertisingIdentifier in iOSClient.m
    this is NOT coming from unity but from some plugin

>>We have tried the manual fix, but our app is still rejected.
    are you sure you dont have some plugins still using this api? you can start with text searching for isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled, advertisingIdentifier. If all else fails you can bug report with xcode project attached

6. Alexander21

Alexander21

Hi All I have followed the above steps and our app got approved today. Before that following the above steps. Kindly

NOTE:
    In Package manager . Unity Ads and Unity Analytics are enabled as default. So kindly disable the both. and then following the above steps. it will works fine for me.

after following the above steps mentioned by scott . you will receive one error.I forget it. So to avoid the error.Kindly add

SystemConfiguration.framework.

in xcode FrameWork Path.

Then the error will solved and your app also got approved.

if you some one need any assistance i am ready to help you.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  7. joao_unity982

joao_unity982

"In Package manager . Unity Ads and Unity Analytics are enabled as default. So kindly disable the both. and then following the above steps. it will works fine for me."

Hey Alexander, did you enabled the Ads and Analytics after that, or just with the services tab with these services enabled are sufficient? Because I received the same issue of sdalex, and after reading all about that, I don't know where to start.

8. Alexander21

Alexander21

@JAOA actually i am not able to understand ur questions.

In My app we did not used any Ad or Analytics. So i just removed.

In your app.. Kindly clear my questions.

1) Whether you are using using ads or analytics in ur app?
    2) Did you changed the code in DeviceSettings.mm as mentioned in this post.
    3)
    Did you uploaded the build in App Store after changing this settings.
    4) What apple inform to you..

answer this. I will try for solutions.

9. joao_unity982

joao_unity982

Sorry, I'm working with my english ;)

1) Whether you are using using ads or analytics in ur app?

- Yes, we area using both, but we are thinking to remove the ads in the future in iOS version and maintain in Android version
    - Analytics: Unity Analytics and Game Analytics
    - Ads: Unity Ads and Super Awesome Ads

2) Did you changed the code in DeviceSettings.mm as mentioned in this post.

- Not yet, because I don't know if that will affect to Ads flow in the app

3)Did you uploaded the build in App Store after changing this settings.

- No

4) What apple inform to you?

- The last issue reported was the same thing of the Sdalex, posted above

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  10. Alexander21

Alexander21

@ joao_unity

As per your situation.. you should enabled the unity ads and analytics in package manager then only the ads will work.

Dont Remove the package.

changed the code in DeviceSettings.mm as mentioned in this post. and do create a adhoc build

and then you check. whether ads are flow or not.

Actually in itunes connect. they will ask some questions regarding how u r using the ad. 2) what purpose you are using

Answer properly..

check with adhoc build and in case if you receive ad then you can upload the build in itunes and answer properly to what questions they have asked.

May it works.. Further more Unity Technologies only can accurately answer ur questions.

11. joao_unity982

joao_unity982

Thanks, Alexander. I will work with that while I waiting for a Unity Technologies answer. Any update I will share here.

12. ScottF

ScottF

Vice President, Platforms

I have updated the header post with the versions which have landed with fixes. We do not patch development streams (e.g. 2019.2) so if you are unable to upgrade to 2019.3 you will have to continue to manually patch the project. I will reach out to our cloud build team to see how one might be able to patch in that scenario.

hsallander and Jonsi like this.
  13. timeloopservices

timeloopservices

Hey @ScottF

We had a project in Unity 2019.2.6.
    1. Removed IAP
    2. Modified manifest.json file and removed all dependencies relating to analytics and unity ads
    3. Modified UnityConnectSettings.asset to disable everything and changed the urls to http (from https)
    4. in XCode, modified info.plist file to set Allow Arbitrary Load to NO (this blocks all http calls)
    5. Modified DeviceSettings.mm to remove all references to get Advertising Id
    6. Remove Unity Ads Folder
    We were following this steps to ensure but it still gets rejected by apple. because they find these two identifier in the binary:

advertisingIdentifier
    So we upgraded our project from unity 2019.2.6 to unity 2019.3.6f1. After that we ran "nm" tool just to be sure. It still finds reference of those in libiPhone-lib.a
    I have attached screenshots of it.

FYI, we have Unity IAP, analytics and advertisement disabled.

It would be great if you can help us pin point the issue.

UPDATE:
    I created empty projectt in Unity 2019.3.6f1 and the ran this nm command after exporting blank iOS project. even after that I had same outcome as screenshots attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  14. tppurchase

tppurchase

Hi @ScottF ,
    Thanks for the info above.

We are using Unity as framework feature in Unity version 2019.3.0f6

We have tried above steps post our app got rejected and resubmitted the app, which got rejected again with following message.

Third-party analytics or third-party advertising with the ability to collect, transmit or share identifiable information, including, for example, IDFA. Specifically, we found your app was made with the Unity SDK. This particular SDK contained the following selectors that pertain to advertisements:
    advertisingIdentifier, isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled
    It would be appropriate to work with Unity, in removing these selectors located in the UnityEngine.Analytics and/or UnityEngine.Advertisments components within your app before resubmitting.​

Attaching the screenshots of the packages we are using.

PackageManager-Screenshot.png PackageManger-Built-in-Packages-Screenshot.png Services-Screenshot.png

Output of the nm command is similar to the one posted above by @timeloopservices

We are no where using Unity IAP, analytics and advertisement.

We are completely clueless please help us in pin pointing the issue.

15. monry

monry

Hi @ScottF ,

We are in trouble with the same problem too.

We submitted for App Review under the following conditions, but it was rejected by Apple.
    • Unity 2019.2.21f1
    • Edit
      DeviceSettings.mm
      as described by Scott
      • By modifying the Trampoline file, I confirmed that the file in built Xcode Project was also modified.
    • Confirmed that Ads, Analytics, and IAP are disabled on the Services tab.
    • Remove related packages on Package Manager
      • com.unity.ads

• com.unity.analytics

• com.unity.purchasing
    • Base language is Japanese
    • Registered as a Japanese corporation in the Apple Developer Program
    Update: 2020-03-23 04:45 UTC
    I submitted BugReport: http://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1229842_jb77gctq2dgpccaq

Update: 2020-03-24 07:56 UTC
    I tried building with Unity 2019.3.6f1, but still detected symbols in both
    strings
    and
    nm

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    lycoris102 likes this.
  16. sdalex

sdalex

@Alexey I didn't find any reference to isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled, advertisingIdentifier in xcode project.
    I tried to completely remove Unity Analytics from the PackageManager (and reapply the manual fix) but Apple still refuse the app.
    I tried the Unity 2018.4.19f1 and apple still refuse the app for the same reason...

We noticed that your Kids Category app includes analytics, advertising and collects, transmits, or has the ability to share personal information or device information with third parties.

Your app includes the following feature(s), contrary to guideline 1.3 of the App Store Review Guidelines:

Third-party analytics or third-party advertising with the ability to collect, transmit or share identifiable information.

Specifically, we found your app was made with the Unity SDK. This particular SDK contained the following selectors that pertain to advertisements:

advertisingIdentifier

It would be appropriate to work with Unity, in removing these selectors located in the UnityEngine.Analytics and/or UnityEngine.Advertisments components within your app before resubmitting.

marshmallowgames likes this.
  17. hsallander

hsallander

Hi @ScottF , thanks for the info. Did you get a respons from the cloud build team about how we could automatically apply the patch? We have multiple kids games out on the AppStore out of which around 10 are continuously being updated, so an automated way to apply the patch in a cloud build is crucial for us to be able to keep using the pipeline we've built around the Unity services. Thanks!

18. JorisEertink

JorisEertink

Hi @ScottF ,

Is there any update on this matter?

- We tried the custom modifications and removed ads frameworks as described above, got rejected
    - We also tried using Unity 2019.3.6f1 as described above, still got rejected for the same reasons.

We currently have several apps that we cannot upload and we are missing very valuable promotion deals with Apple because of this.

Any reply would be highly appreciated,

Thanks!

19. monry

monry

Hi @ScottF ,

I spoke directly with an Apple reviewer and was told that it's hard to approve without a fix for Unity.
    Unless a fix is made in Unity, apps that submit to the kids category will always be rejected.
    (With a few exceptions, some apps seem to be approved for interaction in the Resolution Center.)

20. ArderkuDrPanda

ArderkuDrPanda

Hi, @ScottF ,

Same problem here, we try the same testes as @JorisEertink did.

@monry thanks for the update! We send apple detailed list of changes we did in order to remove IDFA (manual fix) but our app stuck in the review process for like 5 days already.

21. marshmallowgames

marshmallowgames

Hi @ScottF,

I installed Unity 2018.4.19 as you mentioned but the DeviceSettings.mm file is absolutely the same as before. So had to modify it again manually.

BTW, was anyone capable of getting the app approved? We are now trying everything we can and now it's three weeks we keep being rejected.
    This is getting crazy.

Anything Unity can do about it?

The message from Apple reviewers is always the same:

advertisingIdentifier

22. ArderkuDrPanda

ArderkuDrPanda

Hi, @ScottF,

Our company develops subscription-based products with monthly updates, at this moment our iOS production is blocked due to the IDFA issue, as we already know that unity patched doesn't work to fix this issue I was wondering if anyone in Unity Team is currently looking into this problem, or is there anything we could do to help to solve this?

Thank you!

23. SpaceAndDream

SpaceAndDream

Hi, @ScottF and everyone

I spoke to Erica at Apple (the AppStore representative assigned to our account) for the 3rd time, to no avail. We get the same rejection message as everyone does, and everything points to Unity.

We've been turning in circles for several weeks now, same as everyone on this thread: we get systematically rejected. Our livelihood depends on being able to publish games to the kids category. Any chance this issue can get serious attention from Unity?

24. JorisEertink

JorisEertink

This would be great

25. monry

monry

Hi, guys!
    Just now, Apple sent me some happy news!

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=03262020b

In summary, it appears that the grace period for compliance with Review Guideline 1.3, 5.1.4 has been extended to June 30.

Here's hoping that Unity will respond by this deadline!

26. tppurchase

tppurchase

Our app got approved after about 4 rejections, we did mix of following things, hope it will help you all
    1. Made build with suggested Unity version 2019.3.6f1.
    2. Followed all above mentioned steps

2.1 Find and remove the line
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #include <AdSupport/ASIdentifierManager.h>
    2.2 Find and completely remove the function “QueryASIdentifierManager”
    2.3 Find the function “UnityAdvertisingIdentifier” and replace it with:

extern "C" const char* UnityAdvertisingIdentifier()
    {
    return NULL;
    }

2.4. Find the function “UnityAdvertisingTrackingEnabled” and replace it with:

extern "C" int UnityAdvertisingTrackingEnabled()
    {
    return 0;
    }

3. Delete UnityAds folder inside /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.6f1/PlaybackEngines/iOSSupport/Trampoline/Classes/

4. In UnityConnectSettings.asset, make sure that
    m_enabled are all set to 0 for UnityAdsZSettings & UnityAnalyticsSettings section,
    m_InitializeOnStartup are all set to 0 for UnityAdsSettings & UnityAnalyticsSettings section​
    5. Make sure that Unity Analytics and Unity Ads are disabled in Package Manager.

corn likes this.
  27. monry

monry

Hey guys!

As we saw in the news from Apple ( https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=03262020b ), it appears that the application of Review Guideline 1.3, 5.1.4 has been postponed and our app passed review on 2020/03/30 22:00 UTC.
    (It was rejected once seems due to a miscommunication of information within Apple, but when I told them about this news, it passed the review.)
    I can't say for sure because there have been so few attempts, but I think it's safe to assume that we have a reprieve until June 30.

Also, I've since tried building it under various conditions to see if the symbols are included, which I'll share in the next post.
    (Actually, the string in
    libiPhone-lib.a
    may be irrelevant...)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  28. monry

monry

I'm sharing this because I've built it under various conditions and found a condition that prevents symbols from being included in the release binary.
    I hope this helps you all.

As a premise, our app had Firebase Aanlytics built in, so it seems likely that my app was rejected because of Firebase Analyitcs, not Unity.

With that in mind, I did the following work.

1. Build in Unity 2019.3.7f1.
      • As ScottF says, since 2019.3.4f1, the macro
        #if UNITY_USES_IAD
        has been built into
        DeviceSettings.mm
        , so there seems to be no need to fix it.
    2. Disable Ads, Analytics, and IAP on the Services tab.
    3. Remove the following packages from Packages/manifest.json.
      • com.unity.ads
      • com.unity.analytics
      • com.unity.purchasing
    4. Remove third-party analytics libraries completely, such as Firebase Analytics and Google Analytics.

As a result, the detection results are shown in the following list.

First of all, here are the results for the executable used for the application.
    • strings -- Unity-iPhone.xcarchive/Products/Applications/MyGame.app/MyGame | egrep 'advertisingIdentifier|isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled'
      • Symbols were not detected.
    • strings -- Unity-iPhone.xcarchive/Products/Applications/MyGame.app/MyGame | egrep -i 'advertisingIdentifier|isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled'

• nm Unity-iPhone.xcarchive/Products/Applications/MyGame.app/MyGame | egrep 'advertisingIdentifier|isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled'

• nm Unity-iPhone.xcarchive/Products/Applications/MyGame.app/MyGame | egrep -i 'advertisingIdentifier|isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled'

Next is the result for the static library (
    libiPhone-lib.a
    ) included in the built Xcode Project.
    • strings -- Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a | egrep 'advertisingIdentifier|isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled'
    • strings -- Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a | egrep -i 'advertisingIdentifier|isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled'

• Symbols were detected, but all of them were uses UpperCamelCase.
    • nm Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a | egrep 'advertisingIdentifier|isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled'

• nm Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a | egrep -i 'advertisingIdentifier|isAdvertisingTrackingEnabled'
      • Symbols were detected, but all of them were uses UpperCamelCase.

I couldn't get any word from the reviewers about what commands Apple uses in their reviews, so I can't say for sure.
    However, I think that the probability of passing the review after July 1 is high because at least the symbol is no longer included in the executable binary for the release.

BTW.
    Firebase Analytics internally depends on a Pod called Google App Measurement, and symbols such as the advertisingIdentifier seem to be included in Google App Measurement.
    You can read more about it in GitHub Issues below.
    https://github.com/firebase/firebase-ios-sdk/issues/5153

coshea, JorisEertink and protopop like this.
  29. sdalex

sdalex

OK, after some trial and error we found the problem was Firebase. We completely remove Firebase and our app was finally accepted! Then the message pointing the problem to Unity SDK was misleading us. Disabling IDFA in Firebase by ensuring that ADSupport.framework is not included is not true :
    Disable IDFA collection

30. sama-van

sama-van

Unity 2020.1.b3

Again and again.
    Did the last advise from the 1st post about Xcode file edition.
    But still.

Been 3-4 months sine we first complained about it?
    Should be some sort of Joke.

I believe Unity corp just want to follow sell from in app purchase because it automatically activate the Analytic.
    And then I believe some guys do not want to let it go.

If you would just remove the analytic while activating the in app purchase, issue would be already fixed for long ago.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  31. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The error does not mention Unity Analytics specifically, we have heard of other developers successfully publishing with IAP and Unity Analytics. Your error again mentions the IDFA. You could test with Charles Proxy to see what data your app is sending https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002917683-Using-Charles-Proxy-with-Unity

sama-van likes this.
  32. sama-van

sama-van

Oh that's interesting, a bit curious about it, I will check it, thank you! ^_^!

I finally ended up sending a message to the Apple support describing a bit more the problem also about the delay concerning the Family privacy article send to June 2020 and then, without even replying to my message, the app when to Review again and then straight release.
    Been trying since January actually... p_p..
    I believe it gives a bit more time to debug and find a proper solution.

33. Will_at_BridgeWorxGames

Will_at_BridgeWorxGames

Hello all, I feel this is also important for developers to know. I just got this email with the Unity Ads support team about fifteen or so minutes ago:
    upload_2020-4-8_10-18-22.png

yyylny likes this.
  34. Little10Robot

Little10Robot

The more I read the more confusing this gets. Is the consensus that a kids app cannot utilize Unity Analytics at all?

A contact at Apple recent told me the use of third-party analytics and advertising are not fully prohibited. Developers may use in-app analytics as long as PII is not shared with third-parties. The sharing of IDFA with third-parties is fully prohibited.

35. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry for the confusion. My understanding is the same as you, I've mentioned this to the support team here too. We are basically in agreement with you but cannot make any specific recommendations as Apple policies seem to be a moving target.

36. sama-van

sama-van

Well, banner could be an issue.
    But we did add the Unity Ad reward Ad mixing with Parental control window.
    As I was saying in the post right before yours My app passed the validation a few days ago :
    - http://www.tapatasoft.com/

You can try to download the iOS version of the apple, go to the settings and to unlock a lock feature, you can choose to play an ad to unlock it a while :)
    Those are Unity Ads.

37. ArderkuDrPanda

ArderkuDrPanda

Right now apple extended the deadline to June 30, 2020: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=03262020b
    As all apps for kids will pass apple review even if they had references to IDFA.

@JeffDUnity3D before apple extended the deadline we send for review Unity 2019.3.6f1 app with no 3rd party plugins and no Unity Services(UnityAds, UnityAnalytics) and apple reject us still due to IDFA.

I was wondering, but please correct me if I'm wrong but Unity IAP required to had Unity Analytics service enabled, so if we would have to disable Unity Analytics service for IDFA that also means we can no longer use Unity IAP?

JorisEertink likes this.
  38. sama-van

sama-van

For this, double quote, saying that yes it will but if as it happened to me : if you got rejected, do not forget to reply to the issue mentioning about the June 30th deadline and then, they'll pass it back in review to validate the app.. :)

ArderkuDrPanda likes this.
  39. JorisEertink

JorisEertink

@JeffDUnity3D I'm also very curious about this

ArderkuDrPanda likes this.
  40. JorisEertink

JorisEertink

@JeffDUnity3D Is this true? If so that would mean we basically cannot enable any features since it is mostly dependent on Unity Analytics (Ads / IAP / RemoteSettings). It sounds unrealistic if we can not use any of that anymore for children games on iOS.

41. coshea

coshea

Apple guidelines say:

"In addition, Kids Category apps may not send personally identifiable information or device information to third parties. Apps in the Kids Category should not include third-party analytics or third-party advertising. This provides a safer experience for kids. In limited cases, third-party analytics may be permitted provided that the services do not collect or transmit the IDFA or any identifiable information about children (such as name, date of birth, email address), their location, or their devices. This includes any device, network, or other information that could be used directly or combined with other information to identify users and their devices."

Emphasis in bold mine, it's not very clear. What are those limited cases ‍♂️

42. KangiClub

KangiClub

So, did anyone understood what sdk's I can use if I want to include Analytics in our apps under the kid's category?

43. ArderkuDrPanda

ArderkuDrPanda

@KangiClub any analytics that uses IDFA will not be allowed for kids apps, in terms of Unity it's hard to tell as we received a lot of contradicted messages from the Unity team(as you can read above). I believe we will hear more from the unity team here after June 30 if apps build with unity would still be rejected. So far unity team already updated Unity Services to don't track IDFA for 2019.3.4 and later, 2018.4.19 and later but as Apple exceeded the deadline till June 30 there is not a good way to test it(maybe there will be some new problem).

44. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Did they? People are still having issues with Unity reading those values and afaik stuff like in-app still uses them (unless something changed very recently).

45. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Did you get rejected after using one of these Unity versions? What services are you using?

46. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

We don't use any services and we didn't get rejected, but I think that's mainly because we wrote a Privacy Policy that says something along the lines of : "We don't want any data, but Unity does (maybe?) even though we're trying to stop all data collection".

I was referring to this : https://forum.unity.com/threads/goo...ensitive-information-rejecting-my-app.885223/ which AFAIK isn't resolved.

47. coshea

coshea

I'm updating my apps using Unity 2017.4.40 LTS and want to make sure they pass app review. I've removed all analytics services and dataprivacy plugins. I want to make sure there is no reference to the Ad ID you mention above in this project. I can edit these files from the top of this post, but that is a pain to do each time and also if using Cloud build. Given that this post was in March and 2017 LTS support stopped in April, does that mean 2017 won't be patched with this?

48. planetfactory

planetfactory

I just got rejected using Unity 2018.4.23. We are not using Ads or Analytics:

Third-party analytics or third-party advertising with the ability to collect, transmit or share identifiable information, including, for example, IDFA. Specifically, we found your app was made with the Unity SDK. This particular SDK contained the following selectors that pertain to advertisements:

advertisingIdentifier

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  49. EmilieCollard191

EmilieCollard191

Our app just got rejected with unity 2019.4.3 and the fix mentioned in the first post.
    We use unity in app.
    All our analytic are disable.

Hello,

Thank you for your resubmission. Upon further review, we found that the following issue persists:

advertisingIdentifier

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove this functionality or revise your app so that no personally identifiable information or device information is sent to third parties.

Best regards,

App Store Review

50. kl20

kl20

Hi, we are also getting the same rejection:

advertisingIdentifier

We are using Unity 2019.3.6.f1 with analytics disabled.

The generated Unity iOS code has

#define UNITY_USES_IAD 0

and all the generated advertising identifier code in DeviceSettings.mm is guarded behind an

#if UNITY_USES_IAD