Search Unity

import settings> animation tab buttons intermittently not working

Discussion in 'Animation' started by tree_arb, Mar 9, 2021.

1. tree_arb

tree_arb

import humanoid, set its rig to humanoid.
    select animation tab.

Inside the animation tab all the sudden I cannot click buttons at random. There just seems to be no response in this tab, or it will work after the 2rd or 4th click like you have a bad mouse or something.

restart unity temp fixes it. everything else in unity is working, just this tab

unity 2020.2.3f1

and while Im asking...is there a way to import an animation and just copy the data from another animation, instead of manual rig>humanoid>use existing avatar> and then check off all the root transform boxes every time?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  2. tree_arb

tree_arb

It appears to be a layout glitch in the editor.
    If I un dock the inspector it works normal, and it only has that problem with the animation tab.

I was seeing a similar issue in recent versions where if I docked the lighting tab with other tabs it would overlap wrong and get all weird.

So its working now I just have to rearrange my tabs a certain way...probably related to that layout bug that was present for a number of versions.

I also had noticed that selecting "loop pose" would toggle the "loop time" box on and off. and not the loop pose. This is not normally possible. like the mouse input target was wrong.

update: reset workspace fixed it

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021