Search Unity

import packages ->Missing components only custom shown

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Data007, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Data007

Data007

Hi
    I am trying to get "cross platform input" for a small project I am building.
    the documentation I am following shows the assets menu with,
    import package-> custom package
    plus a lot of other packages below

One of them being "cross platform input" How do I add these common packages to unity?

Windows 10
    Unity 2018.2.18f1 Personal

2. You can try to import it from the asset store (Standard Assets), but there is no guarantee that it will work with your Unity version. It's always a good idea to follow tutorials with the same version as it was used in the tutorial.
    The Standard Assets are outdated and being under review and rebuild in other forms at the moment.

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Martin-Baun

Martin-Baun

I have the very same problem. There is nothing under "Assets - Import Package - Custom Package..." other than Custom Package. I have tried to update my Unity to the newest version and have downloaded everything again but no other entries than Custom Package. I was looking for the FPS controller :(

Please help!

Oscarbawa and darkmauth like this.
  4. darkmauth

darkmauth

Same Problem :(

5. See my earlier post.

6. scottstoll2017

scottstoll2017

Though I appreciate your points about Standard Assets and versioning, the problem has not gone away for those of us who would like to be able to use the Import Package for anything at all other than a Custom Package.

Regardless of which package a person is trying to use, we've all literally "got nothing over here".

Does anyone have a lead on how to straighten this out so that we see something... anything... other than just "Custom Package"?

Thanks

7. fmvlabs

fmvlabs

I've installed and updated different versions of Unity in 3 computers (one of them running Linux) and I still don't get anything in the Import Package other than custom. If I want to add standard assets to a new project I have to download from the store and import for every project... I haven't found a solution, but it puzzles me that other people have other options in the import packages menu and so many others like us don't get anything and the "solution" is to just keep downloading the package from the store.

markel_off likes this.
  8. markel_off

markel_off

Did you find any solution? All I have is only function "Custom package" - and empty folder!

9. fmvlabs

fmvlabs

I haven't!

10. nima8

nima8

Hi,
    I have found the solution, go to Unity Assets Store -> Search for Standard Assets -> Click on Download then after Click on Import -> Import everything (Optional)

This will add all of Unity Standard packages to your project file such as:
    FirstPersonCharacter, ThirdPersonCharacter, CrossPlatformInout and etc.

11. petersilf

petersilf

My question to unity staff: Why is there not any custom package options in unity anymore? Is there somewhere any information about the issue. I mean, You cant just take away something without any explanation!!!!

master56 and Encel4dus like this.
  12. Wolverine-X-man

Wolverine-X-man

Novaz11 likes this.
  13. Wolverine-X-man

Wolverine-X-man

14. karotaki

karotaki

I find unity to be very frustrating. In two days I have already 2 problems. One with missing Import Package stuff and the other that Ctrl D doesn't work and no one has the unswer.

15. unity_LOcK-8eXp8BGmQ

unity_LOcK-8eXp8BGmQ

i need to get the characters unity package. nothing, nothing, NOTHING!!!!!

16. ddknight7

ddknight7

I downloaded standard asset package, did NOT fix my problem, of nothing but custom package showing up when I try to import package. This is just one of the many minor problems, with apparently no solution. It seems not even uninstalling, and deleting all files then reinstalling....

17. ddknight7

ddknight7

Asset package keeps giving me a compiler error, so now I have to learn more code before I can even make a simple first game so screw this I am going to try Unreal engine a pray its a little better

18. munnisenpara

munnisenpara

same problem

19. FKavoosi

FKavoosi

Using Unity 2018.3.x, I have experience the same issue, i.e. the Import Package only having Custom Package option. However, I have found a work-around: Select Custom Package which brings the Import Package dialogue box, type in the path to the downloaded package "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Unity Technologies\Unity EssentialsAsset Packs" in the path bar, and then Select the *.unitypackage file desired, Click open and the detailed package content will come up, allowing all selections as expected. Note that the Unity package path can vary based on your OS in the case of Windows 10 (my OS), all downloaded Unity packages from Unity Store are all located and accessible from "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\" path. Hope this helps.

20. KieranSmart

KieranSmart

ok I figured it out!!! (2020.1)
    Well a work around at least :)
    Go to package manager from the window menu, this will open in the main tabbed frame.
    Select from available packages and click download button in bottom right corner of Package Manager.
    When download complete click import, also bottom right, next to download.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    MichelleOstrup likes this.
  21. BhaskarGpta

BhaskarGpta

go to the asset store and download "Standard Assets"

22. cct2015

cct2015

Finally , I found the correct solution
    caution when you install program , you must select the correct folder of your unity version

23. TheOgNotaek

TheOgNotaek

I just did this and it broke my game I don't know exactly what happened but when I imported it all of a sudden its giving me error messages and I cant play the game