Search Unity

Import high poly mesh with blend shapes

Discussion in 'Animation' started by mak3r76, Jan 7, 2017.

1. mak3r76

mak3r76

Hi they, I've created a character in blender and assign some blend shapes to it.
    The problem seems to be that the character has too many polys and Unity divide the mesh into 2 parts.
    Am I right that Unity can't assign the blend shapes to an imported high poly mesh, which contains of some parts?
    It I'm importing the same object with low poly, Unity is also importing the blend shapes. So, the problem seems to be the high poly.

Is there an other possibility to import a high poly object with blend shapes? I mean, I must animate the character and must use a little bit more polys to make the animation really smooth.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Sounds like an unforseen issue, so you should probably post a bug report :)

3. mak3r76

mak3r76

Hm, ok. Do you know if it possible to import a high poly mesh with blend Shapes? Perhaps the error is on my side?!

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

how high is high? idk if Unity has a poly/vertex per mesh limit. I remember seeing one limit about batching but not about importing.

5. mak3r76

mak3r76

Yes, there limit is at 64k. My mesh has a little bit more, I think 100k.
    It's possible to import a high poly mesh, but Unity divide the mesh into parts...and the blend shapes are lost.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. alexxhenry

alexxhenry

I'm having the same issue. @mak3r76, did you ever solve?