Search Unity

import from motionbuilder 7.5

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by spree, Jun 14, 2009.

1. spree

spree

Hi,
    I'm quite new to the whole animation thing, so probably I'm doing something wrong here.

I'm trying to import an fbx which I created in MotionBuilder to Unity. The file contains one animation take, which plays fine in MotionBuilder.

The file seems to be imported correctly. The model looks it's supposed to and it also finds the animation take. Then I drag the asset into my scene, make sure that "play automatically" is turned on and hit the start game button. My problem now is that there is no animation at all. Any idea what could be the problem here?

I even tried this with the Tutorial Model from MotionBuilder 7.5 (ed_animated.fbx), so maybe one of you can try what I tried to do and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

General: I assume the animation is a bone rigged animation, is this correct?
    Mesh deformation / morph target animation is not supported and won't be played

3. spree

spree

As I said I'm new to this, but it does have a rig, so I suppose the answer is yes.

4. spree

spree

Ok, I played around a bit, and it seems that the problem is, that the control rig somehow doesn't seem to be attached to the actual mesh.
    If I open my model in the hierarchy and choose one of the effectors I can see the effectors gizmo move once the animation starts. But it doesn't have any effect on the model. Do I need to create a ragdoll for that? Or is there some automated and easy way to do this?

5. akabane

akabane

In your rigged mesh in the project panel, did you check and applied "Bake animations"? :)