Search Unity

Import from asset store in a project crash Unity

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Yann_K, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Yann_K

Yann_K

Hello,
    i have made a fresh new install on my Debian Sid AMD64 and everything seems more or less ok. I have had the typing bug in connexion window, but I have finished to get a success.
    I have tried to download the Viking village to check a project content, and it has crashed Unity at the end of the download. I have relaunched Unity, and I have seen the file has been downloaded.
    I can't import it or create a new project with it imported as it crash the Editor.
    I have enclosed the log file.
    I have tried to launch the "Report bug" feature in Unity but nothing happens when I click on it. Seems to be difficult to report a bug about the bug reporter ;)
    Regards

Attached Files:

2. Yann_K

Yann_K

I have found a free package I have downloaded directly on my computer : http://kenney.nl/assets/modular-buildings
    I have again a crash whil I try to import it in my project, so it doesn't seem to be a store related problem but a import packages one.

3. PJayB

PJayB

Unity Technologies

Looks like the Bug Reporter has a dependency issue. If you install libpng-dev, does the Bug Reporter work then?

Are you able to upgrade to 2017.3.0f1 (released today)? Looks like a few other users are hitting issues with Asset Import so I'm keen to see if the latest fixes it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. mageaster

mageaster

Are you using MATE? I've faced similar issue on Ubuntu MATE 16.04, but once I switched to Xfce the problem has gone.

5. Yann_K

Yann_K

Hello,
    thanks for the inputs. I will definitively check the upgrade and let you know about the result.
    I am using LXDE desktop :)

6. Yann_K

Yann_K

With libpng-dev I have a window opening now with "Help > Troubleshot Issue" but still nothing happens with "Help > Report a bug"
    I will have a look to the new release this afternoon.

7. Yann_K

Yann_K

Guys, you really rock :)
    All my problems are fixed : no more typing problem, no import problem, no download problems.:)