Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Import Freezing

Discussion in '2019.3 Alpha' started by garryjnewman, Aug 2, 2019.

1. garryjnewman

garryjnewman

I'm trying to import Rust into 2019.3.a11 and coming up against freezes. It imports into 2019.1 fine. I was wondering if anything was known that could cause this? Is there any extra info on Asset Database 2.0 anywhere?

The log file indicates that it's importing assets - a few of which import fine - but it freezes on when importing one (never the same one)

What I'm seeing is a freeze in AsyncForceCloseFile (can't get a call stack)

upload_2019-8-2_10-57-37.png

Could it be something we're doing in OnValidate? Is there a way to enable a more verbose logging level?

2. Charles_Beauchemin

Charles_Beauchemin

Unity Technologies

garryjnewman likes this.
  3. fherbst

fherbst

I have the same issue with a slight variation - for me, a project I upgraded from 2019.2.0f1 opens only if I delete the library. Then it opens - after I close it again and open Unity again it hangs on the same worker thread as you show above. Deleting the library again and opening makes it work.

4. garryjnewman

garryjnewman

You can apparently force it to use assetdatabase 1 or 2 using -adb1 or -adb2 on the command line - not sure how these command lines work with Hub tho

5. id0

id0

I confirm is impossible to import old project in 2019,3a11, unity just lay down in the processes and do nothing. I believe if I wait couple of hours maybe something happen, but no thank you. Things is getting worse and worse with every new release.

6. fherbst

fherbst

@id0 try deleting the library. Would be interesting if it imports then. For me I have to delete the library before every attempt at opening Unity with that specific project. (also, I had it run over a whole weekend - processor was at full run all the time but nothing happened).

7. id0

id0

fherbst my project is more than 20 gb. I have to reimport every time? It is something beyond of good and evil.

8. fherbst

fherbst

Haha, for sure! Same here. You shouldn't really upgrade at this point, neither do I, was just curious about whether that fixes it for you. I usually only try that by duplicating the entire folder and then deleting the library in the copy.