Search Unity

Import fbx from Blender with multiple materials

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by neigaard, Oct 12, 2019.

1. neigaard

neigaard

Hi,

I am new to Blender and modelling in general, but here is what I have done and where I have a problem, but maybe the way I am doing it is all wrong.

I have a model with different parts that are not joined into one single mesh but different meshes, that is to make it easier to make changes to the different parts over time and also to make it easier to add texture to the different parts. So I have a hull with a hull-material and a cockpit with a cockpit-material. I have made a UV map for both the hull and the cockpit so I have two UV maps, so in total I have two meshes, two UV maps, and two materials. When I export a fbx and import that in Unity, my "combined" model does not show the texture. Under the "Materials" tab I do see the two material options under the "Remapped Materials" with "None" so the model knows it needs two materials. I also have a model with only a single mesh and a single material and a single UV, and for that it worked if I switched to the "Use External Materials" but that also only has one texture with the same name as the model, where this new multi mesh model has two materials with two textures and two UV's.

How can I get my Blender model working in Unity?

Thank you
    Søren

2. neigaard

neigaard

3. FoxBallcjc

FoxBallcjc

Hi,

Thanks for your sharing and reply.
    Do you have any animation contained in the Blender? Can't have animations properly exported to Unity.