Search Unity

Imporint sprites without proper alpha channel

Discussion in '2D' started by stusoft, Jul 3, 2020.

1. stusoft

stusoft

I'm working on making a small portion of a Zelda remake in Unity as a personal project. I've found some great sprites for Link here: https://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/legendofzelda/sheet/8366/ However, when I load this into Unity and select the sprites using the sprite editor, Link has a gray box around him. Now, I could change this via a script but doing so makes it difficult to work with for animations and all that because I'd have to somehow fix it every time.

What I want to understand is: How can I load in the sprites in a way that makes the gray box the transparent color? Is there a way to do that? If not, what's the best approach to dealing with this? Do I need to edit the image somehow?

Thanks!

2. raarc

raarc

open the sprites in photoshop and delete the background, then save as .png and drag it into unity.

3. stusoft

stusoft

Thanks for the response! I could do that. I am hoping to find a less manually intensive method.

4. raarc

raarc

its 3 clicks to do this btw, it takes literaly 3 seconds to do. here you go
    8366 copy.png

5. stusoft

stusoft

Haha, well, thanks! I don't have photoshop nor have I used it much. What 3 clicks did you do?

6. raarc

raarc

magic wand, shift magic wand, ctrl x, ctrl s