Search Unity

Implicitly set a coordinate of ALL selected points

Discussion in 'World Building' started by customphase, Feb 5, 2019.

1. customphase

customphase

I have a wall and i want to raise it to a certain height. I select all the top points, open the Vertex Positions Editor, but i can only set their positions individually one by one. Is it possible to do it for a certain axis for ALL the points at once? It would be also great to have an ability to add/subtract X units on a specified axis on ALL selected points as well.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

When you have a bunch of points selected, over in the inspector you should see a QuickOffset: field under the Pb_Object script. It will do the SECOND part of what you want I believe.

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 12.48.02 PM.png

The above will move all selected points up one unit.

Here is after the operation on a few random points in my simulated instant-wall:

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 12.49.05 PM.png

For just purely setting them all to some value, you could probably do it with some clever usage of the ProGrid utility to snap them all the same after a slight move. It might get fitzy-futzy between the different axes though...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    customphase likes this.
  3. customphase

customphase

Ah yeah, i remember this thing being there in older versions. But in newer versions they removed it for some reason:

upload_2019-2-6_2-42-36.png

Anyway, it didnt make much sense being there, away from all the other tools. Hopefully they will do something better with it.