Search Unity

implicit files vs dependencies

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by bagelbaker, Nov 1, 2019.

1. bagelbaker

bagelbaker

I'm converting a huge project into using addressables and getting into the analyze tool trying to know where some duplicate bundle dependencies are coming from.

Among all asset group, I have an asset group with only 1 scene in it.

When I check the build bundle layout, I see 1 explicit file (the scene) and thousands of implicit files. My understanding is that the implicit files are dependencies of the explicit files. To test this, I use the "select dependencies" function on the scene file in the project window. The selected dependencies files are not the same as the implicit files. Mainly, some files in the implicit files are not selected as dependencies. Another test is to select a file from the implicit list in the project window and then "find reference in scene" while the scene is open. Some files do not return references. Also, looking at the scene, I don't see why those files end up in the bundle in the first place, so could this be a bug with the analyze rule or how the bundle is built? Or is my understanding of implicit files vs dependencies wrong?

I'm using v1.1.10

Thanks

2. bagelbaker

bagelbaker

Updating to 1.3.3 didn't fix the issue.

The solution was to "clean build all", then re-building player content.

The whole process was:
    - Had a scene containing a prefab that referenced an animator that references a bunch of anim clips.
    - nullify the animator reference in the prefab, which in turn nullified the reference in the prefab instance of the scene
    - build player content
    - result => the anims clips were still included in the asset bundle
    - clean build all, then re-building player content
    - result => the anims clips are no longer in the asset bundle.