Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Implementing an “OnBoarding” analytics in Unity

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Suduckgames, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

I will like to analyze the onboarding experience of my users in my app but I haven't found a way to do it.

The metrics that I am looking for are: "First-time user session length", a funnel with "First-time Levels complete"

I have tried to make an audience with a bool event set to false/true for the first session but I can't use parameters in the funnel.

Is any way to see at this data with the Unity Analitycs dashboard? Thanks in advance

2. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Currently can't see the session data on the dashboard, you might want to export the raw data(requires a pro license) and you can get the session data from it.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, you can use parameters in a funnel. If you can detect a first time user, you could send the appropriate event to your funnel. How are you checking for a first time user?

4. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Right now I am using the "first tutorial begin" event. It will only trigger one time. Since, even if you stop the tutorial closing the app, the app will resume the tutorial.

I can have a funnel to know which levels are completing my users, but what I want is to know how many levels complete the first time an user open the app. So is like "How many levels are complete by the user the first time he open the app". The problem that I have right now is that it shows the total levels that are complete even if they do it in 5 sessions.

Is anyway to isolate the "first session"? In my head, even if I create an audience for the first time that the users open the app (with a bool value for "first session" tracked from the app) the second time that they open the app they will get out of that Audience.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You will need to send a separate event name for those users in their first session.

The logic would be:

* Generate your first session boolean
    * If true for the first level
    send FirstTimeUser with level = 1
    else
    send RegularUser with level = 1

then on the next level:

If true for the second level
    send FirstTimeUser with level = 2
    else