Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Implement Google play services in unity

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by bubjgames, Mar 5, 2019.

1. bubjgames

bubjgames

This may be kinda of a google developer question but I need a guide on how to do this from unity as opposed to android studio. I running into insane errors with the whole sha1 key stuff and none of it really seems to make any sense. Here's what I did when I first tried to implement google play services in my unity project.

1. I installed google play services plugin version 9.53.
    2. In Build Settings>Publishing Settings I Created a keystore and made a password.
    3.I Go on my google play dev console and create add a game under game services.
    4. I use the key utility tool in a cmd {keytool -exportcert -keystore path-to-debug-or-production-keystore -list -v} and got 3 certificates
    5. I link the App using the sha1 i got form the certificates.
    6. I add my email to list of testers and publish it.
    7. I try to use Google play services in my app and it starts up the sign in process then it fails.

Since then I've been reading things like you have to use the app signing key instead of the upload key. Heard some say don't delete the Oauth2.0 in google api heard others say delete it and put a new one. Tried everything and now google play login doesn't even come up at all and the whole key stuff is just a mess. I got like 5 linked apps for the same game because of so many things I've tried to get this working... Going from a fresh project in unity to Getting google play services working what are the steps? IF you do mess up all this key stuff? How do you start over from scratch. Do I need to make a new key from unity? Is that how you even do it? If I let google handle all the key stuff do I do any of this at all? Very lost in all this.

Edit: The error I'm currently getting is [261] BasicNetwork.performRequest: Unexpected response code 403 for https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v2beta/apps/self?prettyPrint=false&fields=id

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    ph4ntomz likes this.
  2. ph4ntomz

ph4ntomz

I was about to start the exact same thread. I've also posted on stackoverflow yesterday: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55003151/cannot-log-in-to-google-play-services

My error is different, but I think you had the same during your many tries somewhere in between. When the google sign in (green box) does not appear at all any more, you're going in the wrong direction, I think.

Also, being registered in the list of testers is probably not enough. I am currently testing this as my last hope to get it working: When you go to Release Management > App Releases > YOUR RELEASE TRACK > Manage > Arrow to show "Manage Testers" there's an opt-in URL to become a tester for the app. Do that to register your account with the app.

For me it's currently still not working, but I'm hoping that it will once the game is actually available in the Google Play Store.

I hope anyone has the answer to all this, because it is driving me nuts since a couple days already, too.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    bubjgames likes this.
  3. ph4ntomz

ph4ntomz

Nope, login is still not working even when the game is now available on the Google Play Store.

4. buggy_glitch

buggy_glitch

Facing the same issue here guys, any luck ?