Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Impact of skipping or clicking on ads on ad income

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by dwilden, Jun 8, 2022.

1. dwilden

dwilden

Hi,

Can anyone explain how income paid from Unity Interstitial ads to the developer of the app which displays the ad depends on what action the end user takes when the ad is displayed. For example is a payment for each impression only paid if the end user allows the ad to display to completion rather than skipping it? Or is a reduced payment made if he skips and is more paid if he clicks on the ad. If so, can these impacts be roughly quantified in percentage terms?

For example, in this link

https://www.blog.udonis.co/mobile-marketing/mobile-apps/ecpms

it states that the average eCPM for Adroid Interstitial ads in the US is about $10, but what does this assume about the viewer's action? Does it assume every user views the ad to completion?

The reason I ask, is that by default Unity Interstitial ads are configured to allow the viewer to skip them after 5s, but this can be disabled in the Dashboard, forcing the viewer to watch the complete ad. If I decided to disable skipping. this would probably cause some users to uninstall my app but I'd like to know what eCPM increase I could expect to mitigate this.

Regards

Dave