Search Unity

Immersive headset (Samsung Odyssey+) - app "installs" but launches as 2D view

Discussion in 'VR' started by bsawyer, Oct 23, 2019.

1. bsawyer

bsawyer

The details:
    • Unity 2019.2.9
    • MixedRealityToolkit 2.1.0
    • Yes, Virtual Reality Supported is checked in PlayerSettings
    • Yes, Windows Mixed Reality SDK is added (MRTK ensures correct settings at startup)
    • Unity build process runs fine (generates UWP solution)
    • I can open the generated solution in VS2017 or VS2019 and build and deploy
    • The game appears successfully installed as it shows up in my Start Menu
    However when launching the game that I just built and installed, it only behaves as a 2D app, there's no VR/immersion at all. Launching it directly does not force the MR Portal to open. If I put on the headset first and browse to the app within that virtual room space, the app appears as a floating 2D view.

Documentation has stagnated greatly for WMR Immersive Displays (if it was ever truly there in the first place) with the impending release of the HoloLens 2 and I sort of get that, but I can't find ANYTHING online that explains what I'm missing.

Any help?

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Do you have None as the first item in your list of SDKs/Devices in player settings?

3. bsawyer

bsawyer

No, the only item in the list is "Windows Mixed Reality". Depth Format: 24-bit depth, "Enable Depth Buffer Sharing": true

4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Are there any errors in the player log?

5. bsawyer

bsawyer

Hm, I just went digging to find the UnityPlayer.log (in AppData\Local\Packages\<my app package\TempState) and noticed the bold line here at the top of the file:

That seems like smoke to me. Bear in mind no errors occur at any stage of the build that I can notice.

6. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Make sure that remoting is not enabled in XR Settings.

7. bsawyer

bsawyer

AH, THANK YOU! I don't know why that box got checked if it's not by default, but unchecking it solved the issue for me.