Search Unity

Immediate subscription renewal but hasn't finished current period, what happens?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DigitalK064, Oct 13, 2018.

1. DigitalK064

DigitalK064

Hi guys. I currently have a Plus subscription that lasts til December, but for some unforeseen reasons, I have to renew right now or I won't be able to anymore. If I renew immediately, what will happen to the 2 months I have left? In the subscription management page, it says that "Any unused, prepaid time will be deducted from your new subscription price." but I don't understand this, the price is still the same as if you're buying a new seat.
    Also, will I get to pick one of the assets if I renew immediately?

2. Please, ask Unity support about this. No one else is competent enough to answer your question.

3. DigitalK064

DigitalK064

Why? Has no one ever gone through this?

4. DigitalK064

DigitalK064

Alright I tried again and this time the deduction in the confirm page showed as 77 dollars which seems about right. No idea why it showed 0 before, probably a bug. However, I'm still not sure if it will give me a free asset though.

5. Because it's your money and your contract with Unity. No one else is in the same shoe as you're. Even if they purchased in similar circumstances. The Unity support is there for you to answer your question exactly and in a responsible manner.

That's why.

6. DigitalK064

DigitalK064

Everything went well, I got the free assets, and my unused time gave me a deduction in the final price. Guess I was worrying about nothing at all really.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.