Search Unity

ImageTargets working in Unity but not when built to Android as APK and OBB

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by mseibert, May 30, 2018.

1. mseibert

mseibert

Hi,
    I am working on a Vuforia AR Project. Everything works in Unity when scenes are played but when I build it to Android as an APK and OBB expansion pack (so as to upload to Play Store) using the Split Binary Application in Unity's Publishing Settings the image targets don't trigger the AR visualization on the device. This didn't seem to be an issue before I upgraded to Unity 2018.1.1f1 and Vuforia 7.1.34 and also is not a problem if don't use the Split Binary Application feature. Any ideas?

thanks,
    Matthew

running:
    Unity 2018.1.1f1
    Vuforia 7.1.34

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

3. mseibert

mseibert

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm getting these errors when I try to build:
    upload_2018-5-30_15-30-25.png

please see attached script (sorry, I'm not a coder)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@mseibert It looks like the Vuforia forums auto-formatted a portion of the script. I've updated the script on that page that should fix this issue. Please try the updated script.

5. mseibert

mseibert

Well, it successfully built to my android device, but after the Unity splash screen it just goes black, not launching my 'Start' scene which I included in the script. So close!

6. mseibert

mseibert

After creating a new object and trying to apply the revised script to it I get this error message:
    upload_2018-5-30_17-46-21.png

Assets/Scripts/ObbExtractor.cs(7,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `ObbExtractor'

Attached Files:

7. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

You'll need to remove any old scripts you have that are called ObbExtractor or you'll get this conflict.

8. mseibert

mseibert

It worked! Hallelujah, Praise Jesus, Allah is Great!

thank you.

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  9. JoseAlberto55

JoseAlberto55

Hello, I try to use that script, but when the scene where I put the script start, only show a grey screen, whit some black points, and nothing more.

Screenshot_20180813-121504.png

10. gxgpau

gxgpau

Hi. How did you made it work? At first I only changed the dataset name and did not passed the loading scene. Now I changed the name of the "0-Splash" to the next scene on my app.