Search Unity

Images aren't being replaced by updated versions

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by infinitypbr, Oct 25, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hi! I'm working on automating the creation of my main Forum posts. While doing this, I used the same image (with different filenames) as a stand-in until I was ready to create the correct images.

You can see this here, the first post:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/infinity-series-mummy-sarcophagus-pack-with-mesh-morphing.396776/

Unfortunately, the images aren't being replaced. When I "Edit" the post, I see the correct images, but the post itself is showing what appears to be cached images held in the internal system of the forum. I checked the page in a different browser to be sure, and all the images are the same. :(

I'm hoping this is the type of thing that updates every hour or so -- if it isn't, is there a way to fix this? I'd like to not change my naming convention now, since it is an auto-generated BBCode thing I'm doing.

2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Any word on this? They are still all the same. It seems ridiculous to force people to change the name of the image to update it.

3. martinvium

martinvium

They are cached for 7 days (mostly to reliably run the forum on https). You either have to change the name of the file or wait until they expire.

I haven't tested this, but usually with this kind of caching, you can just add either an anchor or url argument. It most likely won't impact the image lookup, but might invalidate the cache e.g. by appending #timestamp or ?timestamp to the url.

infinitypbr likes this.
  4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That did the trick, the hashtag! Good ti know about the 7 day thing as well. Thanks!