Search Unity

ImageEffects fail WACK

Discussion in 'Windows' started by badbod99, Sep 3, 2013.

1. badbod99

badbod99

Hi Guys,

When putting my application through WACK I get a load of errors related to UnityScript.Lang.dll like this

I couldn't work out what I have that is using UnityScript. I checked through my project and found that it's the ImageEffects (Pro). Looking at the documentation, Unity says

That's all very well, but I didn't expect a core feature of Unity to be reliant on UnityScript which is now not supported on a major platform Unity targets.

Is there a C# version of the ImageEffects? Is there a workaround to handle this?

Thanks

- Simon

2. tswalk

tswalk

which one are you using? there is a C# "ImageEffects" script in the group.. but also a lot of JS one's too....

3. badbod99

badbod99

There are several that are C#, but many more very important ones which as js. We are using the following JS ones:

AntialiasingAsPostEffect
    BloomAndLensFlares
    ColorCorrectionCurves
    DepthOfFieldScatter

Sure I could spend my time converting these to C#, but I shouldn't really have to. Also it would mean that any fix or update I would have to re-convert. Not ideal.

4. tswalk

tswalk

I went through them cause I too was looking at the DoF script for my use.. but you are spot on.

I think that conversion is the only answer.. but, at least they put base classes for us in C#.

perhaps someone in Unity can make this a quick fix for us and save a couple afternoons of conversion and testing :)

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

We've got people working on it. Fix isn't trivial.

6. badbod99

badbod99

Good to know you guys are working on it. An interim measure would be to get the documentation updated.

Also no AntialiasingAsPostEffect basically means no deferred rendering on Windows Store Applications.

Will it be fixed in 4.3? or is it later than that?

Thanks,

- Simon

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I can't promise you anything, but our scripting team is spending majority of their time making UnityScript pass WACK. That is their first priority right now.

8. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

If everything is good, JS/Boo support should be in 4.3.

9. tswalk

tswalk

the mix-in of JS would be very nice!

lookin' forward to that too... thanks for the updates you all.