Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[ImageCinematicMaker] Animation (fade in, infinite loop, perspective) for 2D image with layers

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by fomafomitch, Nov 24, 2023.

1. fomafomitch

fomafomitch

Hello,
    I developed this framework to animate all layers of an image because I couldn't find anything suitable in the Unity Asset Store. For now, I've only created it for my personal use, but I have many ideas to refine it and introduce new animations.

It can be extremely useful for menu animations or cinematic sequences with images.

ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif

Current Features:
    • Moving animation from right to left that stays within the canvas boundaries.
    • Glowing effect.
    • Lightning effect.
    • Ghost trace effect (visible on the smoke and the green aura of the sword).
    • Levitation effect.
    • Fade-in transition at the start for all images, based on a distance parameter.
    • Adjustable fade-in speed.
    • The fade-in can be reversed to start from the background image.
    • Perspective effect that reacts to cursor position, activated only after the fade-in transition.
    • Adjustable perspective effect intensity; can be disabled or intensified.
    • Automatic zoom based on the canvas scale factor to prevent images from exceeding canvas boundaries when the perspective effect is strong.
    • Some UI elements can be made static and not affected by the perspective shift (like your logo).

Planned Features
    • Multi-dimensional displacement.
    • Multiple animations per image.
    • Variety of fade-in effects.
    • Post-process effects.
    • User-friendly interface.
    • Sequential chaining of animations.
    • Playing sounds during transitions or on loop in animation events.
    • Fire effect.
    • Smoke effect.
    • Particle effect support.
    • Light changing effect.

Here's the process to convert a 2D image into an animated image in just 5 minutes. There is also a simulated perspective effect that responds to cursor movement.

This topic is to gather feedback and reaction if you find what I did useful.