Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Image Tracker issues in ARCore 1.3.0

Discussion in 'ARCore' started by O-W-R, Jul 3, 2018.

1. O-W-R

O-W-R

I downloaded ARCore SDK to 1.3.0 and the latest update from the Play Store.
    In previews version the Image Tracker worked fine.
    But in the current version even if it recognize the image, the next frame there's already large drift, even if the phone stays in place, and after a few frames there's a need to locate the marker again...

Did it happen to more people?

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S7

2. JDMulti

JDMulti

Yes it's not so stable as for example Vuforia, but I'm not sure if that's intended. I did notice that using normal photo's track better then for example AR marker like shapes or patterns. The earth image in the example does a pretty good job compared to just black and white patterns as well it's added faster to the imag library than a black/white simple marker.

3. JDMulti

JDMulti

Where you ablo to fix the bad drifting? If so I'm curious what improved it. =)