Search Unity

Image to 3D Object

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Emix14, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Emix14

Emix14

Hello, I am new in Unity and I am interested in how I could perform a face scan via a webcam and generate a face in a 3d object?
    Something like Avatar SDK . Thank You. :)

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

There is no simple way to do that in Unity. That's a pretty advanced bit of AI you're talking about... probably Apple or someone has wrapped it up in an easy-to-use tool somewhere, but Unity is not that tool.

Emix14 likes this.
  3. Emix14

Emix14

Thanks for quick response . If this is challenging to make, what are your experiences with Object/face customization. That users can create their own-self. For example, like in The Sims game

4. colinleet

colinleet

For a basic setup look into face morphing systems -- typically using shape keys in something like Blender. The more complicated you want to go the harder and more complicated it gets and the more custom 3d modeling you'll need to do from your one "base mesh". Having it go into the dozens/hundred of morphs (shape keys) isn't uncommon.

It's an old, stable, fast to calculate, but slowish to make -- yet workable technique.

5. Emix14

Emix14

I will try to perform this technique. I just came across a video that applies the same thing that will make my job easier. It’s hard, but day by day ... "Crumb by crumb = Bread". Thanks for the advice. ;)