Search Unity

Image Targets for free License Key

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by CanadianBoyArt, Feb 5, 2018.

1. CanadianBoyArt

CanadianBoyArt

Hello
    i want to use just "Image Target" in my app. can i publish it without limitations by free License Key? (or we limited for Installations and ...)
    first I read topics but did not understand i should add license or not ...
    :rolleyes:

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

The free license does not include the use of image targets.
    If you want to publish a app (with use of Image Target(s) )to the app store or your customers you will need one payd license, in your case the Classic License would be the best candidate.
    For developing (not distribution) you can use the free Developer License.
    The developer License comes with a watermark so no publishing it unseen.

if you need more details on this topic you can find the full leal text that explains it nicely here:
    https://developer.vuforia.com/legal/vuforia-developer-agreement

3. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

You can use the Mars sample assets (Image Targets, Object Target, etc.) with a free license, but as @fffMalzbier posted, any use of Target Manager or Cloud Services will require at minimum a classic license.

Thanks

CanadianBoyArt and fffMalzbier like this.
  4. CanadianBoyArt

CanadianBoyArt

Thanks a lot for replying
    i don't need Online services (Target manager and Cloud service) just have some image targets
    now can i publish my app with free developer License? (Without limitations like 1000 downloads or....)
    i'm sorry for asking another question
    :) Thanks

5. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

The Target manager is used to create the tracking data for the Image Targets.
    WIthout it no custom image targets.

6. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Are these image targets custom targets you made? Or the 4 Mars targets that come with the sdk? If it's the latter, then yes you can publish for free without a download limit. If you are using any custom targets you will need to purchase a license.

Thanks

CanadianBoyArt likes this.
  7. CanadianBoyArt

CanadianBoyArt

Thanks a lot .i got the answer.
    I use custom targets i made so i should buy license.;)

Thanks

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  8. CanadianBoyArt

CanadianBoyArt

Thank you :)

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  9. zyonneo

zyonneo

Any change in Vuforia License.If I want to publish an app containing about 20 image targets for IOS and Android.Should I take the license? Or is it free till 1000 downloads with watermark after that should I take License.If I take License then there will be no watermark and unlimited app downloads for customers ?Time One year?
    If I get more than 1000 customers for download the app, then only it is better to buy the license.That is a safe suggestion right?

10. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

zyonneo likes this.
  11. Rodrigo_Felix

Rodrigo_Felix

I am developing an app as a bachelor degree project and want to distribute to elementary students. The application is not for profit and the maximum number of users does not exceed 100. Can I distribute to students with a free developer license?
    I have certain images that will enable AR and I not use Cloud Recos and VuMarks

12. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @Rodrigo_Felix Unfortunately as mentioned above, in order to publish the app, you will require a paid license. Thank you. Vuforia Engine Support

13. Keitaro3660

Keitaro3660

sorry i'm still confuse about this free license thing..
    in the past (around 2016), vuforia DID give free license with watermark isn't?
    is vuforia don't have that kind of license anymore now? only paid?

by "publish", did you mean publish to playstore/appstore?
    if we just share the apk directly (with custom image target) to friend / many different device for testing, do we still need buy license?

14. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

Hi @Keitaro3660

Unfortunately I am not aware what happened in the past, being fairly new to the team. Coming back to your questions yes, I was referring to playstore/appstore etc.

Developing with Vuforia is free with the develop license. If part of the developing/prototyping process you need to test the app on different devices, my understanding is that this would be feasible.

Thank you.
    Vuforia Engine Support