Search Unity

Image recognition still not available in ARfoundation ?

Discussion in 'AR' started by Jezeus, May 9, 2019.

1. Jezeus

Jezeus

Hi,

I am using ARFoundation since 6 month with success and I am needing and waiting for the cross platform image recognition feature. It says it's in the roadmap since 6 month, so does anyone has a clue what is the status of this feature ?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Alexandre

2. StefanoCecere

StefanoCecere

i discovered that i can use both arkit 2.0 (https://bitbucket.org/Unity-Technologies/unity-arkit-plugin/) with its Image Tracking feature and latest AR Foundation + ARKit packages in the same app!
    obviously i have separate scenes.. but at least they can live together...

if only ARFoundation could enable image tracking on iOS it would be much simpler

3. shawww

shawww

Image tracking is already available in the staging packages, so ARFoundation should have this within the next week or two. Devs said it's just going through QA before release.

4. StefanoCecere

StefanoCecere

thank you.. i added
    "registry": "https://staging-packages.unity.com"

to the Packages/manifest.json and now i see them all!

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  5. merpheus

merpheus

It is there but how does it work ? I've added a "AR Image Tracking Manager" to my session origin and added a "AR Image" to a cube but it doesnt track it.

LorenzoValente likes this.
  6. variags

variags

Is there a description of how to use the Image Tracking?

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

The sample for image tracking has an "AR Tracked Image Manager" and "Tracked Image Info Manager" components on the "AR Session Origin". However, on Android, it never detects any of the images from the Reference Library. Suggestions anyone?