Search Unity

Resolved Image markers not getting lost or resetting on iOS

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by Tryll, May 17, 2021.

1. Tryll

Tryll

Once an Image marker is located, it does not seem to become lost on iOS.

I have this configured and working perfectly in the Unity simulation environment. There, Image markers do become lost, reset, and retrigger the next time they are found, but iOS never seems to release them. Using my test build on iOS, once found, I can turn 180 degrees away, and they never deactivate their children, nor will they retrigger.

2. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Do you have a tracking state condition on your image marker proxy?

3. Tryll

Tryll

Yes, I have all that, and it works well (now) in the simulator. But iOS acts like the simulator did before I added all the tracking state condition stuff.

4. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

And the condition is set to "Tracking"? That should be working on iOS - let me do some investigating…

5. Tryll

Tryll

I just went back and checked, one of the image's tracking condition was set to "limited". I've toggled them all to tracking and am rebuilding another test.

6. Tryll

Tryll

I think the latest build I've compiled is showing improvement, and markers are getting lost and resetting. So then, what does "limited" do with a tracking condition?

7. Tryll

Tryll

The reason I'm asking about the "limited" setting, is that it seemed sufficient in the simulator, and the tracking condition toggled there perfectly, but in iOS it was like there was no tracking condition at all. Does it mean "limited to working in the simulator"??

8. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

Hey @Tryll,

The minimum tracking state in the
     TrackingStateCondition
    refers to the minimum quality of object tracking needed to maintain this Proxy's match.
    Depending on what is set it means different things:
    Unknown: No tracking
    Tracking: Tracking is working normally
    Limited: Some tracking information is available, but it is limited or of poor quality

So if you set the state to
    Tracking
    on the simulator it should also work correctly

9. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately the meaning of "limited" differs a bit between platforms; on iOS markers always have a state of "tracking" while they are visible, however on Android they will sometimes drop to "limited" if the visibility is poor, e.g. if there's motion blur.

We're working on getting a more consistent solution for this.

jmunozarUTech likes this.