Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

UI Image Fill broken in 5.2.0b4

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by terravires, Jul 25, 2015.

1. terravires

terravires

Ok, so I grabbed B4 to see if the UI from 5.1->5.2 now works, and while the disable objects + raycast/etc issue seems to be resolved I've hit another nasty one.

I'm using Image with 360 radial fills as progress bars with a custom script. However, with 5.2b4 360 fills are very very broken now. When set to zero fill and having been disabled/enabled, they draw random corrupted polygons all over the area. Sometimes the full image is draw but at an incorrect scale but you can see in inspector "fill amount" is clearly at zero.

Easy way to reproduce without script. Add image, set to 360 radial fill, top, non-clockwise. Hit play, disable image GameObject via inspector. Drag fill amount from zero to 1 few times. Enable game object and drag fill amount to zero. Note that with each drag to zero, the fill amount randomly changes and is never zero as set via inspector. Seems some internal state is corrupted when disabled and fill amount is set... but just a guess on my part.

And of course, posted bug 714926.
    Edit: I noticed this even happens outside of play mode, just quickly drag fill amount and it produces random fill values.

Another note, Editor spams errors with new runtime animation controllers. #714921

JoRouss likes this.
  2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Investigating. Thanks for raising these bugs.

3. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Hi. I've fixed 714926 and notified the animation team about 714921

4. terravires

terravires

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if there were two bugs with image fill here. One being that zero value would not always be correct. And the second that it had a bunch of corrupted polygons and/or scale changes when it was enabled/disabled with a zero value?

I'm just asking to see if I need to provide another bug/repo case for it.

Cheers

JoRouss likes this.