Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Image effects with Daydream work but lead to flickering

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by ivanmkc, Nov 30, 2016.

1. ivanmkc

ivanmkc

Hi,

I'm using the Bloom (optimized) and Anti-aliasing from the 'Unity Standard Assets' package.
    They work as advertised on my Pixel. However, there is flickering and tearing of the image.

In forward rendering mode, the flickering occurs mainly when I move the camera.
    In deferred rendering mode, the flickering is more pronounced.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance!

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

There is a bug in the Daydream driver that crops up if you use Post Processing effects in Unity. There should be a fix for this before the EOY but until then the suggestion is to not use any Post Processing in Daydream.

3. ivanmkc

ivanmkc

Thanks. How would we receive the fixes?

I've checked Github and there doesn't seem to be activity on the code: https://github.com/googlevr/gvr-unity-sdk
    Also, Daydream will not be officially supported until Unity 5.6, which probably won't come out EOY.

Thanks.

4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

You have to wait for Google to push an over the air update for the driver. The driver is a system level component and is not shipped as part of Unity or Google's Unity SDK.

5. AntAreS24

AntAreS24

Old post, but just wanted to comment on the fact I'm still having this exact issue. I'm using Unity 2017.2.0f3 with Google VR SDK 1.110.0 deploying as Android app on Galaxy S8+.