Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Image effects gone?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Terra-Sanctum, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Terra-Sanctum

Terra-Sanctum

Hello, I have a project on Unity 5.4 and used the Image Effects post processing effects on my camera just nice. Yesterday I downloaded Unity 5.6 and started a new project, imported the Effects package, just like I did in the previous project on Unity 5.4 but the Image Effects component is no longer showing in the Menu. I also cant find it through the Add component option in the game object.

What has changed? I tried to close and open again, re imported the package and still nothing.

Edit: I just checked my old 5.4 project and the Image effect option is available in the Componenets menu, but it doesnt show on my new project. I dont understand why.

2. Terra-Sanctum

Terra-Sanctum

Ok, it seems like the IE component has been replaced by a new asset store package called Post Processing and the process of adding it has changed considerably.

himerlandest and classfaker like this.
  3. Polkatuba

Polkatuba

I'm wondering it as well, why "Post Processing Stack" has not been included in the installation of Unity? Loading it from the Asset Store is just unnecessary extra step?

4. AKAMakaveli

AKAMakaveli

hi
    if you want to see the image effects on your add component menu you must go on unity folder (last version there is image effects exist) editor => Standard Packages and copy Image Effects (Pro Only) and go on unity folder (new version) editor => Standard Packages and paste that on here .
    open unity and you will see image effects on your add component menu.

Cromfeli likes this.