Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Image Effects broken in Scene View?

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by McMayhem, Feb 3, 2017.

1. McMayhem

McMayhem

Not sure if this is a bug or if it's just been turned off until a later patch, but I noticed that the Image Effects checkbox in the Scene View no longer applies the Main Camera image effects as it did in 5.5. I tried making new scene and even a new project and it's still behaving this way.

Do I need to set something in the settings now or has this feature been disabled. I also tested this with SceneViewFX (which allowed for image effects on the Scene View before it was native) and the same result happens.

Hoping this is just a simple bug I need to fix as it's pretty important that I am able to see the effects of Bloom/HDR in the scene view as I'm editing.

Repro Steps:
    ------------------------------------
    1. Open/Create a new project
    2. Create a new scene
    3. Add an image effect to the main camera.
    4. Toggle "Image Effects" on the scene view toolbar

majstudio likes this.
  2. McMayhem

McMayhem

So... does anyone know if this was intentionally turned off or is it a bug? I'm absolutely in love with the progressive lightmapper, but this pretty much forces me into 5.5 right now.

3. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hey @McMayhem

At this point we have too many image effect assets (legacy, cinematic effects in AssetStore, and whatnot), I'm not sure which one you're using but I recommend using the latest post processing stack from Github (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing). This one should work, if not please report it. That's the one we currently invest our resources in.

Thanks,
    QA Team

4. McMayhem

McMayhem

Hey There, thanks for the info! I tried all the standard image effects I could find as well as my own that had the "[ImageEffectAllowedInSceneView]" attribute. I'll take a look at the ones you showed me as well as get the latest beta (I was on v6) and hope it all works out.

That progressive lightmapper is well worth the wait, but I'd like to get my grubby hands on it as soon as possible.

EDIT: @kemalakay Just tested out the latest version of the GitHub PostProcessing stack and the same situation is happening. Image Effects is checked on the scene view but they don't actually affect the scene view at all. Did the same test as earlier, created a new scene then created a new project just to make sure it wasn't some weird conflict.

Is it working correctly on your guys' systems?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  5. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

I don't think we encountered such a problem. Could you please send me a reproducible version of your project via here or PM (if you want to keep it private) so that we can have a look at it?

Thanks

6. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

I'm having this issue as well. I already submitted a bug report (case 867763).

7. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

majstudio, McMayhem and LukaKotar like this.
  8. cakeslice

cakeslice

This is still not fixed and 5.6 is about to get released... previewing effects in the scene view is essential to work on the scene with proper exposure and color grading