Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Image Effects Blur Doesn't Work on iOS

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by John-B, Feb 22, 2019.

1. John-B

John-B

I'm updating an older app, and the Image Effect: Blur (Component->Image Effects->Blur (Optimized)) is not working on iOS. I enable the BlurOptimized script on the main camera when a UI alert panel pops up, then disable the script when the panel goes away. It worked before on iOS the last time I updated the app, and I've re-added the script from the Component menu, so the script I'm using should be current.

It still works correctly in the Editor, but enabling the blur on iOS has no effect. When it's disabled, the main camera goes black. I've tried calling OnDisable in the BlurOptimized script and setting the main camera's target texture back to null after disabling the script, but the screen still goes black (except for the UI). And there's no blur. Any suggestions? Is there a different way I should be doing a blur? I'm running out of time to update the app, or it will be removed from the store. I could instead use a transparent panel to darken the background behind alerts, but I really like the blur effect.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. protopop

protopop

Try disabling any other filters you have in your camera one by one and see if any are interacting with it. In my game I forget which one, but unless I put my bloom filter in a certain order some of the other filters didn’t work.

3. John-B

John-B

Blur is the only filter. The blur still doesn't work, but turning off anti-aliasing fixed the black camera problem.

protopop likes this.
  4. protopop

protopop

Thanks for the antialiasing tip:)