Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Image Doubling/Ghosting in VR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Sasula, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Sasula

Sasula

Greetings i experience a weird problem.
    To begin with, i use VRTK to get started and everything is fine, also my FPS are stable at 89/90FPS.
    But when i turn using the Controller (rotate) i get a weird effect it looks like (image doubling, ghosting).
    If i move with the headset and move forward or backward everything is fine, i dont understand this issue, it feels like stuttering but it isnt....

thanks in advance
    best regards

2. StickyHoneybuns

StickyHoneybuns

Is this only in the editor or in the final build?

3. dl290485

dl290485

I've found temporal AA on does a weird doubling effect. However if it's rotation movement with issues, what about trying VSync?

4. StickyHoneybuns

StickyHoneybuns

I would love to see a screenshot of this if you could. I haven't ran into this issue yet. Sure try VSync because I honestly have no idea what's going on.

I personally don't use VRTK and really would advise against it for this exact reason. Using prefabs and already available assets is great but when it's time to debug it becomes really difficult to debug since you don't know the code perfectly. Plus there is no better way to learn then to write your own scripts.

Also, I heard a rumor VRTK support is coming to end. Maybe false but thought I would mention it anyway.

Also, is this only happening in the editor or in the final build?

5. dl290485

dl290485

I can't embed the image here, but you can click this link to see it on google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_glVsJHkMauOQyRTHbA7ZaVnsGIznDbN

I mention VSync because on my current project I'm getting kind of flickering/jittering around the edges of my vision in the HTC headset when turning my head (only the edges, not the center) but that cleared right up by turning Vsync on to either every blink or every second.

Oh right, and if it makes a difference, I'm using the Newton VR asset.

6. StickyHoneybuns

StickyHoneybuns