Search Unity

I'm sorry I slated you Unity I've used HTML5 and UDK and see the errors of my ways

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AdbC99, Jul 2, 2013.

1. AdbC99

AdbC99

Man, I had a rough ride with Unity when dealing with audio stuff around version 3.5 or so, and then I had issues with mono develop around that time as well and threw my toys out the pram at Unity, but after having used HTML5 and UDK, I'm doing web stuff in Unity now as well.

HTML5 claims to be cross platform; but when it comes to the crunch I have to maintain a separate code base for blackberry, android and iOS, there are just too many platform checks that compared to the few #defines I use in Unity I can only conclude that Unity is the closest thing to a code once solution

UDK on the other hand is madness, to create a UI you have to make it as a flash video and then hook it up in kismet, we've all been waiting for the next generation UI; but until then the inline editor iGUI does the job well, and at least with the builtin UI you can create a button without having to create the thing in flash and use scaleform, how was that dreampt up???? And then with Unity at least creating a material is one click instead of click->wait->click->make link in strange drawing tool->restart UDK because it crashed->wonder what I have to do to make this thing work.

I'm sorry I abused you Unity, I won't throw my toys out the pram for at least another week

2. Meltdown

Meltdown

Lol, now go back to your coding room :)

3. dxcam1

dxcam1

We don't forgive you.

4. JustinWhite

JustinWhite

+1

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Don't come out of your room until you've tidied your code.

6. Khyrid

Khyrid

Sometimes I get tempted by another program's real time shadows. Lighting is not one of Unity's strong points. But, then when I think of all the BS hoops I'd have to jump through to do basic stuff I take for granted with Unity, yeah it's not worth it. Many have tried to be the next Unity, but I don't see any real contenders.

7. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

SHAME ON YOU !!!

I now find myself spitting on my own floor every time i think of YOU !! ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dear boy there's still time to repent