Search Unity

Im New Can Someone Help Me..?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by luke99, Nov 6, 2015.

1. luke99

luke99

Im new in Unity... I dont know coding, I dont know how to make a 3D character, i dont know how to design.. I dont even know where to start.. Does anyone know great tutorials? What do I need to learn in order to actually make a game? How do I learn designing 3d characters, walls, grounds etc.? I have looked everywhere, but I still have that feeling that I should give up, no one supports me in this, I'm all alone in this, so ill'be making all the work alone. What do I need to learn if I want to create a 3D game?

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

Here's a great place to start!

If you need to learn C# (you do) then you can start here.

3. luke99

luke99

Thank you so much LaneFox Im really happy you helpd :)

4. Schneider21

Schneider21

It's slightly concerning that "looking everywhere" didn't seem to include the official (and outstanding) tutorial section.

There's a great and knowledgable community of Unity developers, many of which have created additional tutorials or answered the same questions you've asked. Knowing how to find out what you don't know is an essential skill when learning anything.

5. luke99

luke99

Im sorry, your right, I should look around more before saying i checked everywhere Schneider21

6. Teila

Teila

Especially where there is a big LEARN at the top of this page. :)

Welcome and good luck with your learning process. Unity is a lot of fun but can be frustrating at first. We have all been there.

JoeStrout likes this.
  7. Schneider21

Schneider21

No worries. Generally, you'll find people much more willing to help you if you demonstrate a willingness to help yourself first. Everyone here is volunteering their time, so showing that you respect that and have done as much as you can before asking will get you better responses.

Best of luck in your learning journey!