Search Unity

I'm making inventory. Request features you want

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DarkTree, Dec 10, 2019.

1. DarkTree

DarkTree

Hello guys! My name is Nick and I'm also known as DarkTree FPS developer (for narrow part of community). But let's talk about other things...

Currently, I am develop inventory system for Unity. My goal is to provide complex and simple solution for items management on affordable price.

In my opinion, we don't have any interesting solution for inventory. Inventory pro is very very complicated and we cannot create inventory from scratch with that system. But it's one of the main parts of any asset. Have ability to create something unique. I saw tens of requests to that developer about how to create blank inventory and no one wasn't completed. It's only my opinion and of course you can think in different way.

In assetstore we have couple nice inventories but they more suitable for small games and when I worked on my FPS RPG it was a huge problem to find something working and strong.

I used PGI Inventory at this moment but project was dead, the system had a couple of critical bugs and developer was unactive completely.

When I did inventory system for my asset I learned how to create simple and extensible system with interesting features.

Here's a list of a features that will be released with my asset:

- Inventory wizard to make your custom inventory.
    - Grid placed system with configurable items size (like in Diablo for ex.)
    - Json Serealization with save/load ability.
    - Equipment slots.
    - Event system.

These ones are ready features that I already made for my package and I want create more.

So here is the main question. What features you'd like to get from new Inventory? I very interested in your experience as I game developer too and inventory was my general pain when I haven't knowledge how to create own.

Cheers