Search Unity

I'm making a Unity version of Daniel Linssen's Ludum Dare 34 game Reap

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by TwiiK, Jan 20, 2016.

1. TwiiK

TwiiK

Version 1.0.0 is out!

http://twiik.net/projects/reap-unofficial-unity-port

The big 1.0! The biggest and pretty much only change for this version is that I've cleaned up the project and made it available for download. Please note that I don't own the rights to this project as opposed to most of my other projects. There's a readme file included in the project, but treat it as you would anything else that isn't yours, I guess. :)

Changes for version 1.0.0:
    • Nothing really. I tried for a long time to fix the outstanding issues, but it's too hard. I may try again later.
    • Spent a really long time cleaning up the project.
    Known issues
    I may attempt to fix some of these at a later date, but at the moment I'm hoping someone else fixes them for me. :p
    • The stroke surrounding the view mask is not exactly 1 pixel thick all around like it is in the original. This is surely caused by my crappy shader, but I don't know how to fix it.
    • The lines for the energy and food meter sometimes becomes 2 pixel thick. No idea how to fix this one as they come straight from GL.LINES.
    • There's a pixelsnap bug with the line for the food meter when it's pointing straight up. No idea how to fix. This bug suddenly appeared towards the end of the project.
    • "Rendertexture error: Material doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex' UnityEngine.Canvas:SendWillRenderCanvases()" appears in the console. Something is wonky with shaders. Probably my view mask shader.
    Bugs that are present in version 1.0 of the original game
    These are bugs that I haven't fixed because they also exist in the original game so I've preserved them to keep the two versions as similar as possible.
    • If you're standing on the corner edge of the shore and try to build a raft diagonally out into the water you will not be able to enter the raft. Probably an issue with the collision detection.
    • If you eat a turnip while you're facing up, the turnip will pass behind your head.
    • Not really a bug, but you can travel indefinitely out into the sea without ever looping around to the other side of the world.
    • The "Press key to begin" text on the instructions screen jerks a bit when the counter loops around.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. Hormic

Hormic

Great you finished it! :) Was on vacation the last 2 weeks, but will take a closer look in the upcoming week(s)
    Thank you very much for your effort! I'm eager to take a closer look and learn a lot! :)