Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved I'm in editor, with "Use Asset Database (fastest)" play mode script selected, but Unity uses bundles

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by BinaryEclipse, Apr 7, 2021.

1. BinaryEclipse

BinaryEclipse

The main errors are:

Exception encountered in operation Resource<ResourceManagerRuntimeData>(settings.json), status=Failed, result= : Invalid path in TextDataProvider : 'Library/com.unity.addressables/aa/Windows/settings.json'.
    UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Addressables:LoadAssetsAsync<UnityEngine.GameObject> (object,System.Action`1<UnityEngine.GameObject>)

and

RuntimeData is null. Please ensure you have built the correct Player Content.
    UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Addressables:LoadAssetsAsync<UnityEngine.GameObject> (object,System.Action`1<UnityEngine.GameObject>)

I've been using Addressables for a while and never had this issue. I'm not sure what other setting could be causing this. I even set the default play mode script to "Use Asset Database (fastest)" for sanity. I seem to be out of options. Any advice would be appreciated!

2. BinaryEclipse

BinaryEclipse

I should specify that I had some bundles built and saw that the spawned prefabs were out of date with respect to the most recent iteration of the prefab. After testing a bunch of stuff, I deleted by bundles and now I get those errors.

3. BinaryEclipse

BinaryEclipse

The problem was resolved by deleting the streaming assets folder