Search Unity

Im having some issues with my inspector window

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DarkTidesStudios, May 3, 2020.

1. DarkTidesStudios

DarkTidesStudios

im not 100% the reason for the this, so far I have used 3 different versions of the 2019 unity, and started about 3 or 4 projects, just trying to learn the program. I am a beginner for sure, but I have very small amount of coding and have been messing around off and on with different engines since 2010, and I downloaded game creator help get me started when I decided I wanted to get back into game creation as a hobby.i also downloaded some assets from Polygon. I didn't have any problems in my editor until one day I opened up unity and my inspector window was completely blank, i'm not sure if its a setting that I may have changed but I cannot figure what I may have done wrong, or if this is just some error/bug that needs fixing. any help would be appreciated. I would love to get back to prototyping video games, I was having a lot of fun learning but this kinda set me back and I do not want to start learning a new game engine as I've become used to unity.

2. DarkTidesStudios

DarkTidesStudios

this is the photo that's supposed to be attached

Attached Files:

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Could you attach the editor log?

4. Socrates

Socrates

Have you tried clicking on any of the object in the scene? Try clicking on Main Camera in the Hierarchy tab.

The Inspector is blank by default if you have only selected the name of the scene itself, which is what your uploaded screenshot appears to show. (Note that SampleScene is highlighted in the Hierarchy tab.)