Search Unity

I'm having a problem with carrying light settings to other scenes

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Wendigolol, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Wendigolol

Wendigolol

I think this might be a glitch, but I'm working on a game with multiple scenes (one for each level). I have some light settings I want to carry over to all of the scenes, but it only works on the one where I originally made them.

I've tried changing the settings and then putting them back, unapplying and reapplying them, making new lighting settings that are the same, and nothing has worked. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Also, it might be worth mentioning the scene is duped from the original one.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Additive scene loading is awesome, but you have to keep track of what the active scene is. The active scene is the one that drives the lighting, unless you otherwise set it. And you can't SET the scene active until the next frame once the scene has finished loading at end of frame.

FURTHER... there's an annoying bug in the editor where if you don't actually bake and save the lighting info, the lighting will only be correct in the first scene. This works fine in a target build, but can be confusing when you're just in the editor, go to level 2 and everything now looks dark.

Joe-Censored likes this.