Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug I'm facing problems on xbox series s in HDRP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DiegoPlds, Jun 12, 2023.

1. DiegoPlds

DiegoPlds

I recently downloaded the new version of unity 2022.3.0f1 and in the uwp build the rendering is incorrect in the xbox series s console, and in the xbox one x and desktop it appears correctly.
    these bugs are from the volumetric clouds, the new water system and reflection probes appear distorted.
    xbox Series s

Desktop

and I would also like to remind you that the reflection probe bugs are happening
    for a long time, both in the built-in and urp, but there the reflections are black.

2. AbdullahHamed

AbdullahHamed

Unity Technologies

Is this a UWP build?

3. DiegoPlds

DiegoPlds

Yes

4. DiegoPlds

DiegoPlds

do you have a solution?
    upload_2023-8-9_19-32-46.png

5. GrosCorps

GrosCorps

Hey I’m facing the same issue, did you find a solution ?

6. DiegoPlds

DiegoPlds

The solution I found for the built-in and URP (Universal Render Pipeline) in the reflexes part was to update it in real-time as soon as it starts. However, it is too resource-intensive for the Xbox One, but it runs normally on the Series. Therefore, you first need to determine which Xbox is running and then implement this solution.

7. GrosCorps

GrosCorps

Thanks, sorry I haven't mentioned it but I'm using HDRP, I never noticed the issue with the reflections but I'm shocked by the water system not rendering at all, because it works on Xbox One, with terrible framerate but at least I see the water surface. Ok while I was writing this I just found what was wrong, tessellation is not working on Xbox Series, I have Custom Terrain Shaders that have tessellation activated and caused the terrain not to render at all, and I just realized that I had the tessellation activated on my Water Surface, so I disabled it and now it works

upload_2024-2-17_14-20-39.png