Search Unity

I'm enjoying it

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by byrontik, Sep 24, 2016.

1. byrontik

byrontik

Hi, I'm doing the certification course and am enjoying it.

Working my way through the material nicely. I have and will still be taking Lynda courses and CG Cookie course to compliment this, yet I'm finding this course very focused and concise.

The video teaching and the assessment works well, some more depth to assessments for learning would have been well, yet it is a solid all round course which hopefully prepares me well for the certification.

There are some minor issues with the courseware, where it doesn't always seem to remember what I have done, for a paid course it does feel a bit basic in these areas although the material handled feels very solid.

So I guess this is just a positive post to share some excitement about the certification and upcoming certification programs.

I use Unity professionally for Elearning scenarios, prototyping and hope eventually to combine it with the Hololens.:)

2. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Yes, I agree after making other pay professional course, I enjoy this one too. I learn an overall on how to use Unity in all aspects.

But 30hs ! for pay 3 month or 6month course made in one week is a pretty basic course. Is intended for beginners and this course takes you to an intermediate level. But just that. If you are intermediate, it feels basic. [It explains you everything in a condensed way ]
    I can imagine there is a lot of effort back there. The problem with all this pay courses are that the teacher speaks while is making the clicks. So you need a teacher that must be multi skills and that is a mistake. I think for a professional course, the professional artist is showing the process; how to make it, while the pro educator announcer is explaining (later via editing) what is the master artist pro is making. In this way are shown real problems and experience solutions for intermediate level.

But overall, compare with outside courses for a beginner, if he/she can pay, I agree that is a nice course and takes out a lot of learning time from the learning process. I suggest first to look into the unity Learning Video Tutorials and then make this course.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016